There are so many things I can think of to take to Disney parks. There is a lot to think about when you think about packing for your holiday nevermind packing for a day at the park, it can get overwhelming. This is everything you should need to pack for your Disney park bag essentials.
Table of Contents
Disney Park Bag Essentials
When I say important I mean these are the items you will need to get into the park. Things like your wallet, ID card, tickets/magic bands, and cash. These are the main things as I feel as long as you have these things the rest can be bought.
- Tickets/ Magic Bands
- ID / Drivers License
- Credit Card/ Cash
I broke this down just for people to be able to really check things off their list. I generally go through these categories when I am packing my Disney park bag essentials. I like to take a camera even when we are using the PhotoPass and Memory Maker system as I like to get my own shots from around the park too.
- Power Bank/ Cable – This can charge your phone and camera at the same time.
- Camera Bag – I use a dedicated Camera bag for my DSLR to keep spare batteries, lenses and cables in.
Though you can buy these items you want to make sure you aren’t hunting around in the shops when you could be meeting your favourite characters. We found having one bag that had everything in and was only used for the Disney park bag essentials, it meant everything was there when we needed it.
- Suncream – You can take a full size or bring a smaller size to cut down on the bulk. (Fill the small bottle up at the end of every day from a large suncream to save you buying another)
- Hand Cream
- Baby wipes/ Wet Wipes
- Anti Bacterial Hand Gel
When we came to buying our suncream we bought a couple, so we had plenty for the full holiday. We also kept one in the Disney park bag and one at our apartment, this way we didn’t forget to take it out in the day with us.
Now, this doesn’t mean you are packing another 3 outfits into your Disney park bag essentials, because they aren’t essential. These are small items that will help keep you cool, the sun from burning you and get you dry after a water ride.
- Bag For Wet Clothes
- Ponchos – great to have if you plan to stay dry even on the water rides
- Light Jacket – Essentially great if you plan to stay later and watch the fireworks.
- Dilute Juice – if like our kids you want them to drink plenty of water in the heat but they don’t like it, we took a small squeezy dilute juice in the bag. This made it easy to get our bottles filled up and saved money on drinks.
- Playing Cards or handheld games – great for entertaining kids in queues
- Kids ID Tags
- Bottles of bubbles – saves you buying one of the expensive ones in the park.
- Light Snacks – Having a couple of bags of nuts, crisps or biscuits will be useful when lines are busy and you need a quick nibble. You can take your own food into the parks so you don’t have to worry.
- Misting Fan – You can get these in the park but much cheaper at Walmart or online in advance.
Water Bottle – There are a number of water bottles you can choose from, we broke this down to help you decide.
Towel – You can get super thin ones that roll up small, thin and easy to carry around.
- Pen For Autographs
Disney Park Bag Essentials For Babies & Small Children
There are many families that take a trip to Disney with either babies or small children. Prams and strollers are well looked after and equipped for in the parks. There are designated buggy parks and plenty of room to move around. There are also Baby Care Centers located in each of the 4 parks for nursing, feeding and changing babies.
While there is plenty of equipment and areas for small children and babies there are some things you still need to remember. There are of course our Disney park bag essentials for babies and small children.
- Baby Wipes/ Wet Wipes
- Nappies/ Diapers
- Dummies/ Pacifiers
- Stroller/ Pram
- Soft Toy/ Toy
- Stroller Fan – The heat can be hard to escape as an adult so having a stroller fan is a great way to keep your baby cool during the day.
- Baby Food /Snacks
- Rain Cover/ Stroller Cover
- Change of Clothes – This is mostly for accidents, dropped food or if they happen to go paddling in the fountain areas.
What To Pack For A Day At The Water Park
This will be different from your Disney park bag because you won’t want to take as much and it may be in a different bag. If you want to make sure your wet clothes don’t get everything else wet use resealable bags to hold the wetsuits while getting back to your hotel.
Some families will go in their swim gear and clothes and then go home in the same clothes. If you don’t want to do that you can take a small bag with spare clothes to travel home in. This can depend on where you are staying and what you are doing after the water park.
- Swim Diapers/ Nappies
- Water Shoes / Flips Flops
- Dry Clothes – you can travel in your dry clothes and change when you get to the park.
- Swim Suits
- Beach Towels – These can be rented at the park or sometimes supplied at Disney hotels.
- Floatation toys /Armbands
- Spare Bag – For wet clothes to go in.
Don’t underestimate remembering your toiletries. Even if you have to buy the odd item on your trip, remembering the majority will go along way to making your day easier, more fun and be better on the bank account.
- Hand Gel
- Wet Wipes
Tickets & Money
These are the most important when it comes to packing your Disney park bag essentials. There is no point going to the parks if you can’t get in, along with money and ID for buying food.
- Tickets / Magic Bands
- Cash / Credit Card
Not everyone will want a camera and a phone camera will do for the time they are there. If you are looking at getting a little footage of the water park or some pictures I suggest a GoPro as they are waterproof, small to handle and you can get attachments to make them secure.
- Waterproof Camera – Case
- Power Bank & Cable – You can find a variety of ones suitable for all activities and sizes.
These are small extras that will make your day easier, less stressful and all round better. These will also save you a little money if you bring them or buy in advance.
- Water Bottle – There are so many water bottles on the market and I am currently on the hunt for a new one. If you have ones you use already that are practical use those.
- Kids ID Tags
- Water Toys
- First Aid Kit – This is if you take tablets for any condition at intervals in the day, knee/leg braces, etc.
That is everything on our Disney park bag essentials. We hope you have found this helpful and helped you remember everything you will need. If you have any essentials you feel you have needed in the past be sure to leave us a comment and we can add it in to help others.