There is no hiding or denying that popcorn and the many flavours are a big deal in Tokyo Disneyland Resort. You don’t see the majority of the people walking around with DisneySea popcorn buckets for nothing right? It is not uncommon to see so many people snacking on their popcorn while waiting for a ride or just as they walk around the park. It also isn’t uncommon to see so many people trying out the weird and wonderful flavours of popcorn. Here is everything you need to know about DisneySea popcorn buckets.
- What Are DisneySea Popcorn Buckets?
- How Much Do DisneySea Popcorn Buckets Cost?
- Where Can You Refill The DisneySea Popcorn Buckets?
- Can You Use The Same Popcorn Bucket On A Different Day At A Different Park?
- Benefits & Drawbacks Of The Universal Studios Refillable Cup
- What Popcorn Flavours Can I Choose From?
- Are you allowed to share the same cup with others in your party?
- DisneySea Popcorn Bucket Value For Money
- What Should You Do With Your DisneySea Popcorn Bucket After Your Trip?
What Are DisneySea Popcorn Buckets?
DisneySea popcorn buckets are character designed buckets dedicated to holding popcorn. These buckets have a strap that goes over your arm or around your neck. With a little flap that opens for you to easily snack while standing in line for a ride or as you casually walk around the park. The buckets are made in different characters, styles and can be specially made for anniversaries.
How Much Do DisneySea Popcorn Buckets Cost?
The DisneySea popcorn buckets can vary in price, depending on the design and availability. The most expensive bucket we saw was ¥3,200, this was a special edition due to the 35 Happiest Celebration of Tokyo Disney.
Otherwise, the general price for the character DisneySea popcorn buckets were anything from ¥1,640 – ¥2,300. This included the popcorn bucket coming full of popcorn. Bear in mind that they may not have the flavour you want at the stand that is selling your desired character bucket.
The popcorn can be enjoyed without getting a character popcorn bucket if you are more interested in tasting all the flavours. You can get either a souvenir popcorn case at the cost of ¥1,200 including filling or just a regular cardboard cup of popcorn for ¥350. Refills cost ¥500.
At the current time of publishing 2018, ¥1000 = £6.92 or $9.01.
Is There Discounts For Multiple popcorn buckets?
No, there are no discounts on the buckets. As I had seen so many with vacation popcorn buckets I wondered whether these were free with vacation packages. From looking through the vacation packages there are freebies such as a tote bag or water bottle but not the popcorn buckets.
Character Popcorn Buckets
Current Designs 2018
The recently brought out a new design of Buzz Lightyear in his packaging.
There have been past designs such as Donald Duck with a birthday cake, Marie from Aristocats and Halloween specials of Mr Potato head as a vampire.
Where Can You Refill The DisneySea Popcorn Buckets?
There is a map of where the different popcorn stands are located. If you are buying your tickets on the day they will give you an English map or you can request one. They are also shown on the app for the park but unfortunately for us, we couldn’t use it as we had no data and the park doesn’t have WIFI.
I wanted to place in a map so you can see that everything is marked out on the maps. Even where the popcorn stands are located. The marker used is the small cream coloured cloud/popcorn shape with a number in. The number will correlate to a number on the key around the edge to say where the stand is located and what the flavour of popcorn is. I believe this will change from season to season and year on year.
Can You Use The Same Popcorn Bucket On A Different Day At A Different Park?
Yes, once you have purchased the popcorn bucket you can refill it at any popcorn station at both parks.
Benefits & Drawbacks Of The Universal Studios Refillable Cup
- Great way to hold snacks throughout the day
- Plenty of choices of flavour
- Can be used in both parks
- Affordable, compared to Walt Disney World the buckets cost roughly £11 – £16.
- Refills are cheap at ¥500.
- You can save the popcorn in an easy to carry bucket with a lid for all day, making it easier to carry around and slowly snack on.
- Can be a little bulky to carry around all day.
- The cost of the popcorn bucket plus 5 refills would be anything from ¥4140 – ¥4800, if you were to just by the 5 flavours of popcorn in a regular box it would come to ¥1750. Which is much cheaper and more affordable.
- It is more expensive to refill at ¥500, whereas a regular serving is ¥350.
What Popcorn Flavours Can I Choose From?
On our visit to DisneySea and Disneyland, we came across a variety of flavours. Some are unique to each park and some are found in both. These were the flavours available on our visit in September 2018:
- Barbecue – in front of Café Orléans
- Caramel – in front of Polynesian Terrace Restaurant, Next to Chuck Wagon, Next to castle carrousel, Next to Gazebo and in Toon Pop.
- Curry – Next to trading post
- Milk Chocolate – In front of the dock for Mark Twain Riverboat and in front of Sweetheart Café.
- Honey – In front of Pooh’s Hunny hunt.
- Salted – Next to treasure comet
- Soy Sauce & Butter – The popping Pod and Pop-A-Lot Popcorn. (this flavour is unique to this park)
- Caramel – In front of Lido Isle and Next to Ariel’s Greeting Grotto
- Garlic Shrimp – In front of Dockside Stage and next to Aquatopia ( this flavour is unique to DisneySea popcorn buckets)
- Strawberry – In front of Liberty Landing Diner (this is another flavour unique to DisneySea)
- Milk Chocolate – In front of Cape Cod Cook-off
- Black Pepper – Next to Hangar stage and at the top of Via Delle Viti
- Salted – In front of Flounder’s Flying Fish Coaster
- Curry – In front of Arabian Coast
In the past, there have been flavours such as Milk Tea, White Chocolate, Strawberry popcorn, Corn Potage (Corn Soup) Popcorn and marmalade flavour. These are just a handful of flavours that have been served before. Flavours and DisneySea popcorn buckets may change without notice so check Tokyo Disney website for up to date information.
Yes, of course! This is one of the best things about having the popcorn bucket. You can share it between you as a family or even the pair of you and take it in turns to choose the flavour. It is a great way to carry around a snack with you throughout the day and keep children entertained in finding the next flavour.
DisneySea Popcorn Bucket Value For Money
So, how does the cost of DisneySea Popcorn buckets compare to simply purchasing popcorn and snacks as and when you need them throughout the day.
Bringing Your Own Snacks
Well, if you’re bringing your own snacks to the park then you’ll be saving yourself the full amount of £30 (that is the highest price popcorn bucket with 5 refills). But, in our opinion missing out on the fun of weird, fun and crazy combinations of popcorn!
Getting Non-Refillable Popcorn Buckets At Disneyland Resort
There is definitely no shortage of places to find snacks, treats and more within the parks. Depending on what you like to eat/snack on depends on whether this is a good deal. If you aren’t a big lover of popcorn in the first place this may be something you can live without.
There are still plenty of delicious snacks located in the stores of tins, packets and boxes for ¥1000 – ¥2000. Don’t forget there are also carts and counter service offering up ice cream sundaes at ¥360, ice lollies at¥310 and churros for ¥350.
The parks also have things like spiced chicken legs, turkey legs, pork rice rolls, and hot dog wagons. These are all ranging in prices but are all in the snack category. There are doughnuts that are very popular that are sold in stores costing ¥360.
There is a variety of boxed sweets around the parks, these are extremely popular among guests as they are often a great gift to take back home. Though if you are feeling peckish and want something other than popcorn these are a great alternative. Though we didn’t try any there is a wide selection to choose from. These are mainly cake bars and biscuits ranging from ¥500 to ¥1,500.
If you are looking for a sweet treat without having to buy a full box there is the Mama Biscotti’s bakery in DisneySea. This serves up pastries, sweet treats and cakes all made with that magical Disney touch. These were all in the range of ¥360 +.
My only downside to the snacks available is that there isn’t an option for fruit or savoury snacks such as crisps/chips or nuts. This is something I would bear in mind and maybe something you would need to buy beforehand and bring with you.
What Should You Do With Your DisneySea Popcorn Bucket After Your Trip?
Many people, especially those who are regular visitors will save their bucket to use again on their next visit. If you are a Disney park fan and go even at least once a year it may be good idea to keep hold of it to use on your next trip.
Some fans even collect the popcorn buckets, over the years there have been numerous designs brought out and new popcorn buckets for different occasions.
Sell it on eBay!
If you are not planning on visiting any of the Disney parks in the future you can look into selling your popcorn bucket on eBay. This is a great way of getting rid of the unwanted bucket to someone who would want it and also getting some money back on the original purchase. There are plenty available to buy so research to a good selling price shouldn’t be too hard.
Though the initial outlay to purchase the DisneySea popcorn buckets seem steep along with the refills I do feel they are good to get. I really feel it is a great experience and fun to be had with the popcorn tasting (if you are a lover of popcorn especially). The initial cost of the popcorn bucket roughly been £11 – £16, the resale value can get that back and more depending on design. We love to try everything we can while at a new park and think this is one of the things you would remember the most.