Arrecife Airport is the only commercial airport on the island of Lanzarote. The airport has one terminal, split across three levels.
You should arrive at Arrecife Airport 2 hours before a flight within the EU and 3 hours before a flight outside the EU.
The UK has left the EU; if you’re flying to the UK, you should arrive at Arrecife Airport 3 hours before your flight.
When to Arrive at Arrecife Airport
You should arrive at Arrecife Airport 2 hours before a flight within the EU and 3 hours before a flight outside the EU. This should give you enough time to:
- Check-in for your flight
- Drop your luggage
- Navigate through security
- Walk to your gate.
Why Do You Need Longer for Flights Outside the EU?
For flights outside the EU from Arrecife Airport, you should arrive 3 hours before departure. This extra time is required for several reasons, including:
- Visa checks
- Entry requirements
- Immigration control
Other Factors to Consider When Flying From Arrecife Airport
Other factors you’ll want to consider when flying from Arrecife Airport include:
- How you’re getting to the airport: Traffic in Lanzarote is rare. However, it may take some time for the bus or taxi to arrive, so it’s best to book one in advance and allow extra time.
- The time of year you’re travelling: Events like the Iron Man mean more tourists and longer queues.
- Checking in for your flight: If you need to check in for your flight in person, you may experience a queue at the desk.
- Dropping off bags: Allow extra time at the airport if you have checked luggage. Most bag drop locations close one hour before the flight’s departure (exact times vary).